332 Mental Health NGOs/user-organizations around the World:

Attention: Due to time constraints, I was forced to stop updating this list by the end of 2016. The information will be outdated soon. Sorry, I hope you will find your information elsewhere on the internet.

Every week in2mentalhealth has been highlighting one mental health NGO/user-organization on the in2mentalhealth Facebook page. All the big/small/nearby/faraway organizations highlighted were listed below in a random order. Each with own challenges and accomplishments.

Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

Comments

• saya12renu  On December 8, 2012 at 5:46 pm

Thank you for creating on this site, It increase us .
    we have a NGO,our NGO name is Development Health and Education Foundation (DHEF) is a non government organization
    . Its work for any helpless, neglected, pour people, It have taken many program

health

ngo

hiv

• George/+256704940522  On January 25, 2013 at 5:47 am

great to find out this. Can you send me all mental health service in uganda.am a psychiatric nurse looking for a job.

• in2mentalhealth  On January 25, 2013 at 7:39 am

Hi. I think all NGOs I know working in mental health and psychiatry are in this list. But good luck with finding a suitable job! Roos

• http://bing.com  On February 15, 2013 at 5:13 pm

“-135 Mental Health NGOs/user-organizations around the World:
    in2mentalhealth” was a superb post and therefore I personally was
    in fact truly glad to find it. Thanks for your time,Mellisa

• Shakil Asghar  On February 27, 2014 at 8:38 am

My name is Shakil Asghar from Pakistan and a Government servant in Malaria Control Programme. I have a sister of 28 years old suffering from shizophrenia. I have given alot of treatment from a reputed specialist psychiatrists like Rizwan Taj, Islamabad, Dr. Idrees, Peshawar. But still she is not recovered. All NGO,s are requested that i may kindly be given support for her treatment to admit her in a good mental hospital abroad from pakistan.My contact No. 03015583379-0519255771-6.

• pastorbodunde  On March 4, 2014 at 12:22 am

The two organizations joined hands to open a Family and Community Peace Center in Ilorin, Nigeria which serves as a mediation center as well as a trauma and addiction withdrawal center. The drop-in center is equiped with a lab. The lead organization is Trios Human Development Foundation, Ilorin, Nigeria. Tel: 07064404909. Email: triosfoundation@rocketmail.com

• Thabiso Mahlangu  On April 16, 2014 at 5:11 pm

I have been browsing for jobs to work under NGO especially in Southern Africa . Please give me advise how to get the job. I am a Registered Mental Health Nurse currently working in the United Kingdom as a nurse

• in2mentalhealth  On April 18, 2014 at 12:11 pm

Hello Thabiso. Would be great if you could work for a mental health NGO in Southern Africa. I would check Twitter for jobs or contact the great NGO’s in the region. Good Luck!

• Sigrun  On October 6, 2014 at 10:15 pm

I’m a member of a mental health service user organization in Norway that is called WSO – We Shall Overcome. It was founded in 1968 and is one of the oldest user organizations in mental health. Main interest is human rights in the mental health and disability field. http://www.wso.no/

• cadabamshospitalseo  On October 10, 2014 at 9:22 am

Hii…informative post.thanks for Sharing with all.i enjoyed the way you set up the information.
    Cadabams

• Wais Aria  On October 12, 2014 at 7:33 pm

Rose your doing excellent work in the field of mental health, is there any possibility we upload some report .
    Once again thanks form your support.

Dr. Wais Aria
    Afghanistan

• in2mentalhealth  On October 15, 2014 at 2:39 pm

Daer Wais Aria. I could add the report to the 2013 interview with you (blog post) on this website. Kind regards, Roos

• Agness  On November 18, 2014 at 4:55 pm

Hi just wondering if anyone knows there is NGO helping people with mental health issues in the East Coast region in australia, or perhaps in USA?

• Ibad Ul Haque Ahmed Siddiqi  On February 15, 2015 at 11:14 am

As I am working with Mentally Retarded Children in various
    Problems ,and their basic education, treatment,rehabilitation
    plans.In Local NGO at Lahore,Pakistan.Indeed its an great
    social and moral work to deal with these children and after
    their education and necessary sustainable development for
    them,afterwards they will became useful for the society and
    able to work for themselves in any circumstances, for this especially cause of the society,Now I want to make an
    NGO for these children in the remote areas of the poor
    community.

• in2mentalhealth  On February 15, 2015 at 2:48 pm

Hello. Thanks for the comment. Success with your work with this children in Lahore. When you have a NGO with a website, please let me know. I could add it to this list.

• tony  On April 29, 2015 at 10:56 pm

Please I am a psychiatric nurse in Ghana, west Africa. I ‘ve worked with these patients in a psychiatric institution for the past few years now.
    I realized the plight of these patients in terms of inadequate funding from the government resulting in insufficient dietary, poor housing, lack of recreational resources.
    I desire to open an NGO that will help at least take care of the basic needs of these patients.
    Also to bring in other mentally sick patients wandering about in the community which the government is unable to bring in for an institutional care.
    Thanks.
    Please could you help how I could go about them.

• in2mentalhealth  On May 1, 2015 at 10:54 am

Dear Tony. Great that you are trying to bring services to more people in need. For funding opportunities I refer to the list on this website (58 Fundraising options for global mental health). Good luck! Roos

• Amon Lukhele  On June 25, 2015 at 4:33 pm

My Name is Amon Lukhele managing a local non profit organisation in Malawi called Outreach Scout Foundation (OSF). The organisation is doing SRHR and family planning and OSF would like to entend to children and women who are mental problems so that they access with such services.
    This piece of inquiry is to seek any support to assist our sisters and mothers who are suffering.

• in2mentalhealth  On September 30, 2015 at 12:50 pm

Hello Amon. Although great work what you are doing, I think the focus of your organization is a bit too broad for being the mental health NGO of the week. Kind regards, Roos

• Dr. Abdirahman Ali Awale  On September 18, 2015 at 9:25 pm

I am Dr. Abdirahman Ali Awale (Dr. Habeeb), director of Habeeb Foundation, NGO involved in mental health in Somalia. our Foundation runs group of mental health facilities( seven mental health facilities) in Somalia which delivers mental health service to the Somali people.

• George Sarpong-Darko  On September 19, 2015 at 8:03 am

I’m a community mental health officer trained from the kentampo project, I happen to work in a very rural community in Ghana, West Africa. Is sad to see that people with mental illness and epilepsy don’t even no that, the health facilities can help in providing them with medication to assist their condition. I will like to use this opportunity to ask an NGO assistance to advocate for mental illness in the rural areas

• Armstrong Onuorah  On December 26, 2015 at 10:15 pm

Thank you for rendering selfless services to the world.may God bless u abundantly.please my younger brother was diagnosed by a psychotherapist of low self confidence,and that has made him depressed and fed up of life.i will be very grateful if you can help us to locate a good samaritaan or a reliable NGO to assist him financially or medically. Thanks!

• in2mentalhealth  On January 13, 2016 at 4:14 pm

Don’t know where you are from or where your brother lives? But all organization I know are in the list above. Hope you find help for him, kind regards, Roos

• Edward Bockarie  On July 27, 2016 at 10:32 pm

CAPS provides psychosocial interventions at both individual and organizational levels, reinforcing its belief in holistic care.
    Organizational Intervention: This incliudes the provision of psychosocial services through community-wide sensitizations on relevant psychosocial issues and trainings with community stakeholders (such as health-care providers, police, teachers, clergy) and partners in development on understanding and preventing mental health issues and related human right abuses.
    CAPS also works with individual community structures to find culturally relevant ways of healing through traditional ceremony or ritual, which has been shown to aid in psychosocial recovery. Advocacy is also an integral component of CAPS intervention strategy. Participatory advocacy is used to ensure collaborative change and ownership within the community.
    Interpersonal Intervention: At an interpersonal level, CAPS provides Psychosocial counseling through, individual, family and group counseling sessions. This process is comprehensively monitored through clinical intakes, assessments, follow-up assessments and home visitation. The spectrum of clients and client issues is broad, including such issues as trauma, grief and loss, job stress, parenting issues, torture, family disagreements, prisoners, commercial sex workers, and school children.

• alvina  On October 9, 2016 at 8:54 am

I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT SUCH ORGANIZATIONS IN PAKISTAN THAT CONDUCT ONLINE THERAPIES

• Babarao  On April 25, 2017 at 8:22 am

Hi I am 33 years old married man from Pune ( India) suffering from chronic ( major) depression from last 15 years. I am taking daily antidepressant however I lost my joy. my life is like a feeling less robot who has to work for living. please if any NGO worldwide which will help me going thru Deep Brain Simulation process for depression ( cost $18450) which can change my life.
    my email: karade51@gmail.com

• Eyesha  On September 25, 2017 at 4:26 pm

Hello, Are there any organizations that are active in the Khanewal District, Punjab, Pakistan? Thanks.

Trackbacks