To mention a couple of Global Mental Health and international Psychiatry conferences this year:
1. May 31 Amsterdam, Europe: Cultural Psychiatry and Global Mental Health Symposium,
2. June 19-23 Istanbul, Turkey, Europe: World Psychiatric Association International Congress,
3. August 5-7 the Gold Coast, Australia: The 14th International Mental Health Conference,
4. 21-22 August Bangkok, Thailand, Asia: 3rd Global Mental Health Summit of the Movement for GMH,
5. August 25-28 Buenos Aires, Argentina, South America: World Mental Health Congress of the World Federation for Mental Health,
6. September 27-28 London, UK: CGMH Conference: Sustainable development through global action: The case for investing in mental health,
7.October 3-4 Lisbon, Portugal, Europe: First high-level technical meeting of The Gulbenkian Global Mental Health Platform,
8. October 27-30 Vienna, Austria, Europe: World Psychiatric Association (WPA) International Congress.
How much will this cost? I dare not to count (I’m always worried that more money is going to travel, hotels and meetings than to capacity building in the global mental health field).
Will there be new info and new attendees? Or are the same people traveling and listening to each others presentations over and over again? Would we be better off with one big international meeting each year? Each two years? Or offer these different meetings in different corners of the world better opportunities?
Would it be better to organize such meetings in a low income country in stead of Europe or Australia?
Is it fair to organize conferences about global mental health without funding for people from low and middle income countries?
What do you think?
Useful Global Mental Health Lists, Links, Downloads:
Other Content/Blog Posts:
- RT @CrrrMontenegro: #CfP Mapping new voices: Towards a #LatinAmerican perspective in #GlobalMentalHealth. June 26-27 Paris. https://t.co/rp… 4 days ago
- RT @AsmaHumayun: #TeleMentalHealth at #Meditrina training health staff in remote #Baluchistan #Sindh #Punjab #KPK 2 recognize/treat #mental… 1 week ago
- RT @MHInnovation: LIVE Twitter chat 28 Feb 11 am about #autism in #Nigeria. To join follow To join follow @toksdotcom and hashtags #autism… 1 week ago
Search this site:
advocacy Africa brain drain capacity building children conferences congress counseling courses crowdfunding CRPD degrees developing countries distance learning e-learning e-mental-health education ehealth elearning funding fundraising global global health global mental health humanitarian humanitarian aid human rights ict4d ict4e Kenya Lancet list LMIC LMICs low income countries m4d m4e manuals medical education meetings mental disorders mental health mental illness mhealth mhgap mhGAP-IG mhpss microfinance mobiles NCDs new technologies ngo nurses peer support policies policy psychiatrist psychiatry psychology psychosocial support recovery resources schizophrenia SMS stigma summit Tanzania training trauma UN used-led user-organizations web2.0 WHO World Mental Health day
most recent posts
- in2mentalhealth closes down December 28, 2016
- The ‘better prognosis hypothesis’ for schizophrenia in poor countries. Is it the medication? October 5, 2014
- 15 Global Mental Health Information and Network Websites February 3, 2014
- End of the year read: Mental Health Care News from Asia December 12, 2013
- Global Mental Health Inside Story: Haitham Assim Abd Alrazak, Baghdad, Iraq October 30, 2013
- What can YOU do on World Mental Health Day 10-10-2013? October 2, 2013